[wix-users] Is there any way around WIN64DUALFOLDERS substitution?

David Watson dwatson at sdl.com
Wed Nov 8 10:18:33 PST 2017

The 'by the book' way of doing this is to have a 64 bit MSI which can also deploy 32 bit components. But of course this does not work on 32 bit OS so you end up with a package for both and something that selects the right MSI on a per OS basis. It's not too tricky to build multiple bitness/architecture MSIs with the same set of code.

You are fighting the system a bit.

Would a separate directory search rooted under the 64bit program files folder work, it may suffer the same issues.

www.sdl.com
SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved. If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that you advise us.
​SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: SDL PLC, New Globe House, Vanwall Business Park, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead, SL6 4UB, U.K.