[wix-users] [EXTERNAL] - Re: Is there any way around WIN64DUALFOLDERS substitution?

Lewis Henderson henderso at opentext.com
Wed Nov 8 06:25:54 PST 2017

Hi Carter,

Thanks for the response, but the app is 32-bit (still installable on a 64-bit system) and we wanted customers to be able to use either flavor of Java so they don't have to do a special 32-bit install of Java on a 64-bit system.

The problem case is exactly that - they don't have a 32-bit Java, but there is a suitable 64-bit Java installed.  The installer just can't find it since it's under the "Program Files" directory, and Windows Installer switches the path to "Program Files (x86)".  BTW, if the 64-bit Java installed somewhere besides "Program Files", things work just fine.

				Lewis