[wix-users] Hand over an action to wix bundle elevated process

Ireneusz Grala ireneusz.grala at wp.pl
Thu May 4 11:23:56 PDT 2017

Hello, to everyone!

I know that during installation burn engine creates UI-less process with
elevated priviliges. I also know it can be created earlier by calling
Engine.Elevate method. Is there a way to communicate with this process and
invoke an action that requires elevated user rights? I would like to
discover in bootstrapper what is the current website configuration in IIS.

The whole thing is about updating my version one app but preserving any
changes that customer could make to website binding.

Hope this is clear enough.

Thanks for any advice.

--
Z poważaniem / Best regards