[wix-users] Code signing the burn bootstrapper.

Gerhard Matzen gmatzen at osisoft.com
Tue Mar 28 04:33:40 PDT 2017

You can't just sign the bundle itself.  You must sign both the burn.exe engine and the bundle.

http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/overview/insignia.html

I think you can still use whatever tool that you want for the signing, but you need to split apart the bundle using insignia and sign the internals as well as the bundle itself.