[wix-users] heat generates different wxs after compiler change of our com dll

Zoli P zoli289 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:06:53 PDT 2017

Thanks Rob,
I did a registry snapshot comparison before/after registering the COM
server (with regsvr32) for both 2008 and 2015, and it seems the same 8 keys
are added. Only differences are in path values, VS2008 uses short names in
path, like "LONGD~1", VS2015 long names, like "long_directory". But that
should not matter.
I found others had similar issue: https://sourceforge.net/p/wix/bugs/747/ -
without useful solution.
However, in out cases, the compiler upgrade triggered this behavior...