[wix-users] How to resolve warning CNDL1149

Kyle O'Connor kyle.oconnor at princetonidentity.com
Tue Jul 25 16:26:29 PDT 2017

I just upgraded to Wix Toolset v3.11.0.1701 and now I am getting the following warnings in my project:

warning CNDL1149: The 'ADDLOCAL' MsiProperty is controlled by the bootstrapper and cannot be authored. (Illegal properties are: 'ACTION', 'ADDLOCAL', 'ADDSOURCE', 'ADDDEFAULT', 'ADVERTISE', 'ALLUSERS', 'REBOOT', 'REINSTALL', 'REINSTALLMODE', or 'REMOVE'.) Remove the MsiProperty element. This restriction will be enforced as an error in WiX v4.0.

I’m using the WixStdBa and the vendor of the MSI Package I’m trying to install instructs me to use ADDLOCAL to specify what components will be installed.

What is the correct way to resolve this warning?

Thanks,

Kyle