[wix-users] Some questions

William Fisher wfisher at summa.com
Mon Jul 17 07:30:08 PDT 2017

Nir Bar and Habib,

Thanks very much for the input.  I guess I didn't see the link to the
supportedRuntime values somehow (definitely not that I'm frustrated, not
that at all).  I'm going to look at the mbapreq.thm and mbapreq.wxl to see
if I can't just completely co-opt it.  I feel like I'm doing something
wrong, because this is a fairly simple set of tasks.  Install a certificate
if it's Win7SP1, run .NET installation, run SQL Server installation,
reboot, run app installation, run db schema installation.

I'll run some tests, but I feel like I had <supportedRuntime
version="v2.0.50727"/><supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/> there, but it
didn't work right.  I'm willing to accept any version of 4, as long as the
installer runs (because I can use the redistributable to install the ACTUAL
version I need in my wxs).