[wix-users] Some questions

William Fisher wfisher at summa.com
Tue Jul 18 12:03:59 PDT 2017

More on this installer:

I have an MSI that's installed as part of my bootstrapper.  Installation
seems to go fine, but when I try to uninstall, it says:

[23BC:2900][2017-07-18T11:14:36]w327: Will not uninstall package:
Application.Name.Database.Installer, found dependents: 1
[23BC:2900][2017-07-18T11:14:36]w328: Found dependent:
{5c31825e-d40e-44ce-8fcb-1d9656eee9fb}, name: Application Name

In this question:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12828514/wix-burn-issue-uninstall-fails-saying-found-dependent
Brian Johnson says that it's because I have stale data left over in the
registry.  This very well may be the case, but when I do a search in the
registry for that GUID, regedit churns along for a while and (so far)
returns no results - it's still running minutes later, it may have crashed
and just not informed me of that.

Has anyone solved this problem?  I can't install now, because the database
installer is the thing that loads the SQL into SQL Server, and since I
don't have any tables, the app opens but doesn't save or load any data in
the DB and crashes when I try.

Thanks for any info.

wfisher at summa.com