[wix-users] Progress without UI Handler

James Buchan James.Buchan at servelec-synergy.com
Fri Jan 27 02:14:35 PST 2017

The only way I'm aware of, and ever done this, is by checking for the existence of the MSIExecute mutex.
This will only let you know if another install is in progress
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372909(VS.85).aspx

if (Mutex.TryOpenExisting(@"Global\_MSIExecute", out mutexResult))
{
	//It exists - something else is currently installing
}
else
{
	//No installs (at the moment you did this check) are in progress
}

James Buchan
Development Engineer