[wix-users] Progress without UI Handler

Mark A. Richman mark at markrichman.com
Thu Jan 26 13:56:37 PST 2017

Is is possible to "ask" the Windows Installer to report progress on an
installation already running?

In other words, I know how to get installation progress from installers I
start myself. What I'm interested in is progress from an instance of an
installer that might currently be running (not necessarily started by me).

It's my understanding that only one installation can run at a time, so
there should (theoretically) be a single integer value between 0-100 that
represents the current install progress, if running.

I was looking for a performance counter but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Mark

--
*Mark Richman*