[wix-users] Obfuscation and patching.

robert_yang at agilent.com robert_yang at agilent.com
Thu Jan 26 07:00:47 PST 2017

"I would not expect there to be any blocking issues. From a build time perspective it may be advantageous to create the patches in "whole file" mode."

Dumb question: we've been doing patching more or less as explained in the "Using simply Wix" help topic.  I assume that means "whole file" mode, which to me means the file is either replaced with the new version, or not at all (?)  Is there a "delta" mode, how does it work, and how is it turned on ?  Is there a help topic or blog entry on this subject that I missed ?

Thanks !
-Rob