[wix-users] Install initial config file but none after that unless version updated

Johnny Smith jsmith at cengentech.com
Mon Feb 20 12:15:09 PST 2017

I need to install the application.exe.config file when the application is
first installed; however, after the first installation, I want to manage the
updates to the config file based on the version number of the file. How do I
accomplish this?

I put connection string information in the config file. So, I don't want to
overwrite the user's connection string information each time an update is
installed but I would like the option to overwrite the file should another
parameter be added to the file during a later update.

Johnny Smith

President
CenGen Technologies, Inc.
P.O. Box 2037