[wix-users] Heat for IIS web sites

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 20:55:01 PST 2017

I am trying to use heat.exe for generating wxs from IIS web site using the
following command.

heat.exe website "MyWebSite" -out "MySite.wxs"

But I am getting an error "*HEAT5400 : Could not harvest website directory:
. Please update the output with the appropriate directory ID before using*".
When I searched on Google, I came across a couple of SourceForge links
wherein Rob Mensching had answered saying "Harvesting websites is partially
implemented and there could be a lot of bugs."  Links are given below.

https://sourceforge.net/p/wix/mailman/wix-users/?viewmonth=200912&viewday=5
https://sourceforge.net/p/wix/mailman/message/24116400/

But this answer was in 2009, so I am pretty sure, this would have been
fixed by now. Can anyone please help?

Regards,
Venkatesh