[wix-users] Install Util, Custom Actions, Elevated etc

Charles Gallo [9Dots Management] CGallo at ixdots.com
Tue Aug 1 05:33:15 PDT 2017

OK, thanks - what I thought - There is a class in the app that is subclassing

System.Configuration.Install.Installer
not
System.Configuration.Install.AssemblyInstaller

And like I said, the
Install()
Install(IDictionary savedState)
Uninstall()
Uninstall(IDictionary savedState)
Rollback(IDictionary savedState)

Are all really simple - basically, for all intents, all it does is add some keys to the correct  version of the Software\Microsoft\Office  hive in the registry. As I know which version I'm installing (already determined in the installer) it literally is just writing some keys - pretty darned simple, and I can walk away from InstallUtil.