[wix-users] Registry Key - depends on what is there WAS RE: Install Util, Custom Actions, Elevated etc

Charles Gallo [9Dots Management] CGallo at ixdots.com
Tue Aug 1 07:17:10 PDT 2017

OK - Turns out not to be QUITE as simple as I thought

The reason they are doing self registry is  that the registry key we need to write depends on what is there

What we are doing is registering an Excel Add in

The issue is you need to (example for office 2013)
HKU/Software/Microsoft/Software/14.0/Options
And the key starts with
Open
The NEXT add in uses
Open1

Etc - aka you have to look to see Max(OpenN), and add 1 to N

Only way I can see to do this is in code (which is what they are doing in the  Installer code in the app)

Anyone know of a good way to do this?