[wix-users] Update files with older or missing version details

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 22:42:46 PDT 2017

Windows Installer Service look for Versions while updating older ones. If
files got no version then their date:time would be used to figure-out the
update scenario.
I never faced any situation in which an unversioned file is being replaced
with versioned file. But I guess, unversioned would be replaced by the
versioned one.

Many things may also depend upon how your installers/patches/merge modules
were designed...