[wix-users] How to Update existing configuration

Carlos Sosa carlos.sosa.us at outlook.com
Tue Apr 25 16:03:44 PDT 2017

Hello WIX community, I have a xml configuration file as follows:

<Fragment>
    <!--
        Permanent="yes" Don't remove the file
        NeverOverwrite="yes" Don't write the file if it already exists
        -->
    <ComponentGroup Id="ExeConfig" Directory="INSTALLFOLDER" >
      <Component Id="MyCompany.MyProgram.exe.config" Guid ="*" Permanent="yes" NeverOverwrite="yes">
        <File Name="MyCompany.MyProgram.exe.config" Source="$(var.MyProgram.TargetPath).config" KeyPath="yes"/>
      </Component>
    </ComponentGroup>
  </Fragment>

We added a couple of settings to it, how can I add the 2 settings to the "old" xml during upgrade?
I need to preserve the setting for the previous version, what would the best route to accomplish this be?

Best Regards.