[wix-users] Question about RegistryValue and Private Properties.

Nick Elmer Nick.Elmer at veritas.com
Fri Apr 14 11:29:04 PDT 2017

Hi All,
I have a simple question regarding using private properties (specifically a System Folder Property) in a RegistryValue. When I use INSTALLDIR it resolves and gets set correctly. However, when I use CommonAppDataFolder, the result is empty for the variable. Is this allowed or am I missing something? I have looked for documentation on using properties in the RegistryValue element, but I don't find any documentation discussing limits. Thus the reason for my question.

<RegistryValue Type="string" Name="SomeFolder" Value="[CommonAppDataFolder]Path\To\Some\Folder" />

Thanks in advance.
Nick