[wix-users] DetectCondition for MsuPackage for KB3033929

Mridul Pentapalli mridulp at mediafour.com
Thu Sep 15 07:48:59 PDT 2016

Hi,

Due to changes for digital signature enforcement of drivers, we are signing
our drivers with SHA-2 certificates but these are not recognized by Windows
7 SP1 unless they are patched with KB3033929.

I added this entry to my bootstrapper, but I have no idea how to populate
the DetectCondition entry. Can someone please suggest a way to get this to
work?

<MsuPackage DisplayName="Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based
Systems (KB3033929)"
                  Compressed="yes"
                  Description="Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based
Systems (KB3033929)"
                  DetectCondition=""
                  InstallCondition="" <!--- This will be Windows 7 SP1 x64
bit only -->
                  DownloadUrl="
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=46148"
                  KB="KB3033929"
                  Permanent="yes"
                  SourceFile="Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.msu" />

Regards,
Mridul.