[wix-users] Link to current sources on wixtoolset.org

Andreas Hirth a.hirth at luratech.com
Fri Sep 2 01:03:42 PDT 2016

Hello,

I just grabbed the recent stable WiX release and as always wanted to
download the sources as well. I found it quite confusing to be forwarded
to CodePlex to download the current binary release. But the sources
located on CodePlex being updated in 2014 the last time. After a while I
remembered there was another repository and found the one on GitHub
quite easily with the help of Google. However, if I was new to WiX I was
kind of left alone. There was no note or link on wixtoolset.org or
CodePlex referring to the GitHub repository, at least I was not able to
find one searching for a few minutes.

How about  removing the old sources from Codeplex completely and instead
placing notes and links to the GitHub repository on wixtoolset.org as
well as on CodePlex (if this place should be kept to hold the binary
releases).

Andreas