[wix-users] Wix toolset bug: 4927

Sanketh pbsanketh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 00:41:18 PDT 2016

Dear All,

Could someone give me details of bug no. 4927?
https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/4927

As per the comments the issue is fixed in  Wix 3.9 but I couldn't find it
in release notes of 3.9/3.10 all releases.

Thanks in advance,
Sanketh

Issue:
I have a strange issue with Wix XML Patch. I recently made an msi installer
based on Wix XML. In this installer, I have several features that I can
enable or disable on installation. The problem is here. During the
installation, I disabled couple of features. And then made a patch which
has new items for those disabled features. Strangely, those disabled
features are enabled when I run the patch. And even if I make them disabled
to install the patch, they are newly installed with patch. Please help me
to understand why this happens and how to resolve it. I did a lot of
research in google, but nothing was helpful.

--
Best regards

Sanketh P B,
Mob: +91-9740301989