[wix-users] WiX Toolset installers unsigned, set off corporate firewall

John B john.burak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:58:23 PST 2016

I tried installing v3.10.3 (and weekly-builds v3.11, v4.0 just for grins).
Apparently, our corporate security software blocked the install and then
firewall-block the download URL.

I looked at the properties of the installer EXEs, and they don't show a
digital signature. I ran them through VirusTotal, and three lesser-known
detectors flagged them with possible malware (heuristic detection).

Is anyone else running into issues like this? Is there somewhere to get a
signed WiX Toolset installer?

Thanks much.

- John