[wix-users] Is there a way to allow major upgrade if version is the same but product code is different?

Carlos Sosa carlos.sosa.us at outlook.com
Thu Nov 3 14:19:28 PDT 2016

I don’t fully understand what is the problem you are describing, but with
the settings bellow, the Version will be set to whatever is set in the
configuration.
I hope it helps.

*******************
<?define UpgradeCode = "6XXXXXXb-3aa3-XX0a-b8ea-fdXXXXXX50916" ?>
  <!--<?define
ProductVersion="$(fileVersion.ProductVersion($(var.ProductFeature.TargetPath
)))" ?>-->

  <Product Id="*"
           Name="$(var.ProductName)"
           Language="1033"
           Version="1.0.0.0"
           Manufacturer="$(var.ProductManufacturer)"
           UpgradeCode="$(var.UpgradeCode)">
    <Package InstallerVersion="200" Compressed="yes"
InstallScope="perMachine" InstallPrivileges="elevated" />
    <MajorUpgrade AllowDowngrades="no"
                  AllowSameVersionUpgrades="YES"
                  DowngradeErrorMessage="A newer version of [ProductName] is
already installed." />