[wix-users] custom destination directory

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Fri May 27 07:52:55 PDT 2016

Id != id

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Lewie Fitz
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 9:52 AM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Subject: [wix-users] custom destination directory

Hello,

I would like my installer to default to a custom destination directory such as C:\Users\Public\AppName and let the user select a different directory if required. I see how to install to the programs directory (and other system dirs), but I can't find any info on setting up a custom directory. I tried creating a SetProperty entry, but I get error
CNDL0010 : The SetProperty/@Id attribute was not found; it is required.
This is what I am doing:

         <SetProperty id="PublicDir" Value="C:\Users\Public"/>
         <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
             <Directory Id="PublicDir">
                 <Directory Id="APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY" Name="AppName"/>
             </Directory>
         </Directory>

---