[wix-users] custom destination directory

Lewie Fitz lewfitz at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:51:55 PDT 2016

Hello,

I would like my installer to default to a custom destination directory
such as C:\Users\Public\AppName and let the user select a different
directory if required. I see how to install to the programs directory
(and other system dirs), but I can't find any info on setting up a
custom directory. I tried creating a SetProperty entry, but I get error
CNDL0010 : The SetProperty/@Id attribute was not found; it is required.
This is what I am doing:

         <SetProperty id="PublicDir" Value="C:\Users\Public"/>
         <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
             <Directory Id="PublicDir">
                 <Directory Id="APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY" Name="AppName"/>
             </Directory>
         </Directory>

---