[wix-users] Another apache tomcat issue...

Lewis Henderson henderso at opentext.com
Wed Mar 30 12:18:39 PDT 2016

Hi again Folks,

I'm trying to install the apache tomcat servlet using the "proper" Wix/MSI syntax, and things are going well up to a point.  I've got everything in place, except a registry key "Parameters" under the service's key.  There's nothing (but the empty default value) in this key, but the service won't start without it.

I used tomcat's service.bat file to install a mirror service to see what was wrong, and that subkey is the only difference.  I manually added the key, and my service starts.

I'd like to avoid using tomcat's service.bat file, but none of the service related elements appear to allow a subkey to be created.  Can I just hack in a RegistryKey element, or is there a better way?

Thanks again for the help.

                                                                Lewis Henderson
                                                                OpenText, inc.