[wix-users] Cab file in bundle

Stephens, Rich RStephens at bottomline.com
Mon Mar 14 06:57:21 PDT 2016

Yes, that's one of the things you can use payload for.

I have a similar situation where an installer in my bundle has an external .cab file (among other things).

You put it inside your MsiPackage or ExePackage element, like this:

<ExePackage Id="foosetup" vital="yes" Compressed="yes" SourceFile="path\to\foo_setup.exe">
    <Payload Id="fooconfig" Compressed="yes" SourceFile="path\to\foo_config.ini" />
</ExePackage >

Rich Stephens  |  Bottomline Technologies
770-576-3623  |  rstephens at bottomline.com