[wix-users] Switch to already running instance of custom bootstrapper.

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 06:08:45 PST 2016

Hi Experts,
Presently, my CustomBootstrapper.exe can be launched multiple times
simultaneously i.e. if you execute  CustomBootstrapper.exe 10 times, there
would be 10 windows of it, which may cause problems if I try to proceed
with installations in multiple instances.

Is there any method to detect the execution of process
CustomBootstrapper.exe and instead of launching another window, it should
switch to existing executing instance and terminate itself?
(WPF, C#)

Thanks
Farrukh