[wix-users] Regarding WiX Toolset License.

Neeraj Yadav neeraj.yadav at quickheal.com
Wed Mar 2 02:26:21 PST 2016

Hi,

I am looking to create one Windows installer for one application using WiX
toolset, installed WiX tool setup which got integrated with my Visual Studio
2012.

My application installer will just bundle some locally compiled binaries and
create its installer.

Do I need to take care about the Microsoft Reciprocal License (MS-RL) along
with my installer?

I have not made any changes to the source code(I used only installed WiX
Toolset ) nor am bundling any binary/file of the toolset in my installer.

I verified below two links about its license, but not clear about it:

 <http://wixtoolset.org/about/license/> http://wixtoolset.org/about/license/

 <http://robmensching.com/blog/posts/2012/8/20/the-wix-toolset-license/>
http://robmensching.com/blog/posts/2012/8/20/the-wix-toolset-license/

Please let me know your input such way that I can go ahead to create one
installer without any licensing issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Neeraj