[wix-users] Group policy install with Burn?

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Wed Jun 29 16:00:00 PDT 2016

GPO can also be quirky. Some organizations still use it because it is free. Some organizations prefer more powerful tools (like SCCM).

Note: Office doesn't provide MSIs for GPO deployment any longer. Haven't since 2007. Here's a nice answer about it (note: in this case Office deployments are same whether using the ClickToRun version or the normal version): https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8365534-398d-48b2-a9c3-bdd4bf936190/deploy-office-2013-using-group-policy?forum=officeitpro. Here's the Office documentation how to install via GPO startup scripts: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff602181(v=office.15).aspx.