[wix-users] Group policy install with Burn?

Nick Ball Nick.Ball at grantadesign.com
Mon Jun 27 08:22:35 PDT 2016

Hi Folks,

I am wondering what the best way of utilizing group policy with a burn package would be?

It seems there are two options:

1.      Use a Zap file and run the bootstrapper.

2.      Provide instructions on prerequisites (.Net etc) and document each separate MSI file (and the order they need to be installed)

Any thoughts on this? Option 1 seems more restrictive, option 2 will mean pushing a bit more of our installer code into the MSI (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) - plus more techie documentation.

I'd appreciate input from anyone with experience of trying this.

-Nick