[wix-users] Downgrade version issue

Renaud Degeorges renaud.degeorges at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 07:06:07 PDT 2016

Hi everybody,

Considering I have several Wix setup versions

i.e. :
v1.1
v1.2
v1.3

I need to allow to install any version above any previous version.
My setup is full automatic, no user question, no "next", "previous" or
install button.
the setup is launched automatically by a process so I can't ask any user
help or verification.

When I install version 1.3 above 1.2 or 1.1 it works fine

But, if, for any reason I need to install 1.2 above 1.3,
-the uninstall process works fine, I can see the install folder disappear
for a short time.
-the new (or old version) is well installed except for the exe file (the
most important lol), but all dependent dll or others files are well
installed.

Any idea?

regards

Renaud