[wix-users] Abnormal behavior when performing repair on Burn bootstrapper

Mayooran Macilamany mayooran99 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 20:17:53 PDT 2016

I have created a burn bootstrapper installer which has 2 MSIs. During the
repair process I observed that both the MSIs behave in different manners.
Below is what's happening.

   - First MSI updates all files when a file is deleted. Therefore even
   files edited after the installation are replaced with original files during
   the repair process.
   - Second MSI updates just the deleted files. Therefore even files that
   are edited are left alone and are not replaced during repair process.

I have attached both the wix files for reference. First MSI here refers to
the TestUpdater.wxs while MosquittoInstaller.wxs is the second MSI. Why is
this happening? I have specified key path to yes and both the wix files
look almost the same. Any help would be much appreciated.