[wix-users] [WIX]: How to run MSI file with an user administration account?

Phil Wilson phil.wilson at mvps.org
Mon Jan 25 10:29:27 PST 2016

You have impersonate="no", which means "don't impersonate the installing
user" so, yes, it runs with the system account.

If you use impersonate="yes" the CA will run with the installing user's
credentials but will not be elevated unless you install the MSI from an
elevated prompt or launch process.

Phil W