[wix-users] [WIX]: How to run MSI file with an user administration account?

Dileep S dileep.sanampudi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 21:00:51 PST 2016

Hi All,

I am using similar custom action in my installer:

<CustomAction Id="InstallDRV" Directory="INSTALLDIR" Execute="deferred"
ExeCommand="$(var.EXEFileName) $(var.CommandArg)" Impersonate="no"
Return="asyncNoWait" />

I need to execute them under current (logged in) user, who has admin
privileges.

Once i ran the MSI file in non-admin user system, MSI file is executing in
System administrator.

How to run MSI file with user administration account?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Dileep