[wix-users] Log delay on Session.Log

Hadar Grubman hadarg at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 6 06:00:04 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm using wix3 and I'm logging using Sessino.Log(logMessage).
The problem is that every log line is not flushed to the actual file until the next one is logged.

While following the code I found the native method MsiEnableLog that is called by Installer.EnableLog() and passing a parameter of the type enum InstallLogModes.
I couldn't find who which value of that enum is being passed or even who calls Installer.EnableLog().

Does anyone knows how to disable the flush delay or how to find out with which InstallLogModes value my installation logs are working?

Regards,
Hadar.