[wix-users] Command line build project with VS2015 (devenv)

Persson, Magnus (SE-TLX) magnus.persson at assaabloy.com
Tue Dec 6 07:24:05 PST 2016

Hi,

We use build agents to build all our source code and now it's time to
add the WiX projects to those agents.
However, is there a way to build with command line and use the .wixproj
file like we do with .vcxproj files?

E.g. devenv.exe Test.vcxproj /build "Release"

If I try the below I get errors about "Undefined preprocessor variable
'$(var.SourceFiles)'."

devenv.exe MyInstaller.wixproj /build "Release"

Would be good if we could use the .wixproj files as-is.

/Magnus