[wix-users] Select Install Drive

Dan Gifford danielg at t-tech.com
Wed Aug 31 09:36:12 PDT 2016

Note: I posted this on Stack Overflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39237634/select-install-drive-wix>
too.  I'll let both threads know of any developments on the other side.

I've developed a Wix control that lets me select from various drives
that are installed on my machine.  I've pasted the code in below.

I have two questions:
1) How do I pop up a dialog box shows my drive selection?
2) How do I use the drive selection to determine where to install my
app?  Note: if its on the C Drive, I want it installed to program files,
else Drive:\Company\Product.

Any help would be appreciated.  I apologize if this was covered
elsewhere online.  I couldn't find a clear cut solution online.

My control code is as follows:

         <Control Id="myVolumeSelectCombo" Type="VolumeSelectCombo"
Property="TARGETDIR2" Fixed="yes" Remote="yes" X="10" Y="100"
Width="100" Height="17">
           <Publish Property="INSTALLLOCATION"
Value="[TARGETDIR2]Company\Product\" Order="1"><![CDATA[TARGETDIR2 =
"C:\"]]></Publish>
           <Publish Property ="INSTALLLOCATION"
Value="[TARGETDIR2]Company\Product\" Order="2"><![CDATA[TARGETDIR2 <>
"C:\"]]></Publish>
           <Publish Event="SetTargetPath" Value="INSTALLLOCATION"
Order="3"></Publish>
         </Control>

Avast logo

---