[wix-users] Custom action at the end of install

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Thu Aug 18 13:14:09 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have a WiX installer with custom dialogs.  I want to run an action at the end, but so far I have not had any luck getting it to work.

    <CustomAction Id="UpdateMuseRemotingConfigFile" BinaryKey="CustomActions.dll" DllEntry="UpdateMuseRemotingConfigFile" Return="check" />

    <InstallUISequence>
        <Custom Action="SetInstallFolder" Sequence="1" />
        <Custom Action="GetIssCertificateList" Sequence="2">NOT Installed</Custom>
        <Show Dialog="UserExitForm" OnExit="cancel" />
        <Show Dialog="FatalErrorForm" OnExit="error"><![CDATA[NOT HideFatalErrorForm]]></Show>
        <Show Dialog="MaintenanceForm" Sequence="999"><![CDATA[Installed <> ""]]></Show>
        <Show Dialog="ResumeForm" Sequence="998"><![CDATA[Installed="" AND RESUME]]></Show>
        <Show Dialog="FinishedForm" OnExit="success" />
        <Show Dialog="WelcomeForm" Sequence="1001"><![CDATA[Installed="" AND NOT RESUME]]></Show>
        <Custom Action="UpdateRemotingConfigFile" After="FinishedForm">NOT Installed</Custom>
    </InstallUISequence>

The custom action in question is the UpdateRemotingConfigFile one.  I also tried InstallFinalize instead of FinishedForm.  With InstallFinalize nothing happens, with FinishedForm I get an error that I should use a different action.

error LGHT0177: The InstallUISequence table contains an action 'UpdateRemotingConfigFile' that is scheduled to come before or after action 'FinishedForm', which is a special action which only occurs when the installer terminates.  These special actions can be identified by their negative sequence numbers.  Please schedule the action 'UpdateRemotingConfigFile' to come before or after a different action.

Any ideas?  Not sure what else to try.  I have to add another custom action to run at the end to update the SSL certificate on the HTTP binding, so I really need to have it running after the install is done.

Thanks,
Tyrel