[wix-users] Question - .Net multiple application product - Automatic installer feasibility

Maralbashi, Sona Sona.Maralbashi at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Fri Oct 30 07:27:13 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I have a complex installation scenario where there is an important user interaction needed. Here are the list of features that I need to support in installation process :
1.    Let user identify a data base and data table that will be used as the knowledge base in my product
2.    Let user map the columns of knowledge base data table toward expected columns
3.    Create a new sql data base which will communicate with the data base identified in step 1
4.    Install a WPF desktop application
5.    Install a windows service
6.    Install a new web site

I've never developed an installation package (No knowledge of Microsoft installation technology, neither)  and I want to know whether I can achieve all these with WIX.

Otherwise, do you have any suggestions for other options ?

Many thanks in advance for any help!