[wix-users] applicationPoolIdentity

Greg Oliver golive at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 22 08:30:57 PDT 2015

I created a WiX build project for my webapi project using WiX 3.10.  I'm using the WebAppPool element of the IIS Schema, specifying Identity="applicationPoolIdentity".  It works great.

Now I want to use Visual Studio Online Build with it.  But the version of WiX on VSO is 3.7.  It doesn't like applicationPoolIdentity.

What do I need to do to my installation such that I can use one of the allowable identities?  In earlier attempts with "other" as the identity the AppPool didn't get created correctly.

Thanks!