[wix-users] Disallowing bootstrapper UI install

Griesshammer, Christoph (GE Healthcare) christoph.griesshammer at ge.com
Fri Aug 28 09:44:00 PDT 2015

I am trying to set a condition on a bootstrapper to disallow a UI install.

The reason for this, is that the .exe should only be used for a push installation called silently.

However, we do not want anyone getting their hands on the .exe and trying to install it by just double-clicking, as they are ignoring some command-line options.

We are near the end of a release, so I don't have time to make a robust UI and properly test it, hence I am trying to just remove the UI install completely.

Ideally, it'd be as simple as:

<bal:Condition Message="This installer can only be run in silent mode.">UILevel = 2</bal:Condition>

But I see that this is an MSI property and we can't utilize it here.

Looking at the log file, I can't see any property that would let me achieve this.

Any help?

Christoph Griesshammer