[wix-devs] Build and test with Windows on Arm

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Mon Oct 3 09:44:36 PDT 2022

I'll add that too.

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-devs <wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Sean Hall via wix-devs
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2022 9:30 AM
To: WiX Toolset Developer Mailing List <wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Sean Hall <r.sean.hall at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [wix-devs] Build and test with Windows on Arm

I think upgrading everything to .NET 6 will just mask the root cause. Test projects need to have <RollForward>Major</RollForward> so they can run on newer versions even if their target framework isn't available (for example,
https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix4/blob/ec6b93c7d601db880d0765fe12abb07a5ec2928e/src/api/burn/test/WixToolsetTest.Mba.Core/WixToolsetTest.Mba.Core.csproj#L8
).