[wix-devs] MsiE2ETests.sln

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 12:34:07 PDT 2022

Sean,

When I open MsiE2ETests.sln in VS 2022 (elevated), I get an exception
which I can then observe in a JIT debugging session. The message is:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 'Could not load file or assembly
'Microsoft.TestPlatform.CoreUtilities, Version=15.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. The system cannot
find the file specified.'

Version= 15.0.0.0 appears to be associated with VS2017, which is not
installed on my computer. Are we building any
of the tests in this solution with VS 2017 tools? There's no native code
in this solution. However, I do see 24 vcxproj files using
ToolsVersion="15.0".

Is it time to update these projects?

Thanks,
Ron