[wix-devs] Merge Module Samples

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 17:24:42 PST 2022

@chrpai:

Chris, could you please supply one or more samples of module files that
do not convert to your liking?

The issue here seems to be quite different from the one I fixed. I'm
guessing that the the problem you are seeing stems from an attempt to
format a long attribute list. If that is the case, I'll need to come up
with a line folding heuristic. The formatting problem I worked on
previously involved converting inner text to comments and attribute
values, depending on where the deprecated inner text was found. There
were obvious places to remove and insert new-lines, and reasonable
places from which to copy indentations.

The parser places all of an element's attributes in a list, rather than
keeping them in XML nodes. I don't remember exactly where the attributes
are converted back to XML nodes, but that's probably where the fix will
have to go. Unfortunately, this has the potential to affect a lot of
other code paths that might require a lot of work to test
systematically. It will be really good to get this change into RC2, so
that it can get a fair shakedown.

Thanks,

Ron Martin