[wix-devs] MsiE2E Issue

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 10:32:31 PDT 2022

I'm working on an MsiE2E test that I call
CanCreateNewUserWithLocalizedComment. The test gets to a point where the
constructor for PackageInstaller is looking for an msi file and a wixpdb
file in
D:\Repos\Wix\wix4\build\IntegrationMsi\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\TestData\UtilExtensionUserTests\.
Unfortunately, those files were actually created in
D:\Repos\Wix\wix4\build\IntegrationMsi\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\TestData\UtilExtensionUserTests\en-US\.
It doesn't make sense to me that different .msi files should be created
for different localizations and not not sure whether the same situation
applies for .wixpdb files. I need to determine whether to look at the
file creation or the file reading should be investigated for being wrong.

Thanks.

Ron