[wix-devs] More on Wix 4.0 Build Problems

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Sun May 23 06:37:08 PDT 2021

Great. I believe most (all?) of them are related to a bug in one of the Microsoft platforms (NuGet, dotnet, MSBuild) that Sean has already opened. He'd know the details.

We'll probably need to triage all v4 issues but here's a quick grab bag that are should be able to be fixed independently:

* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/4726
* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/4770
* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5189 - this one could be more challenging
* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5255 - this is a decent sized feature and would need some design discussion
* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5256
* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5296
* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5330
* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5371 - good one if you want to learn how to work all parts of a wixext and custom action
* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5651 - might already be fixed and just needs a unit test added to validate
* https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5880

Leave a comment on any issue(s) that you want to tackle and we'll know you're on it.