[wix-devs] More on Wix 4.0 Build Problems

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Sat May 22 12:49:47 PDT 2021

As I mentioned in my previous post, I recloned my repo and ran build.cmd
without opening the solution in
VS 2019. I now get the following error. I checked the .vcxproj file and,
indeed, it has configurations
for Debug|win32 and Release|win32.

If it's not supposed to be there, why are we looking for Debug|x64? How
does it build on other systems?

Thanks.

Ron Martin

"D:\Repos\Wix\wix4\src\internal\WixBuildTools.TestSupport.Native\WixBuildTools.TestSupport.Native.vcxproj"
(Build targe

t) (1) ->
(PrepareForBuild target) ->
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(43
6,5): error MSB8013: This project doesn't contain the Configuration and
Platform combination of Debug|x64. [D:\Repos\Wi