[wix-devs] Issue 6388

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Wed Mar 17 07:57:04 PDT 2021

Yeah, that connection may be missing. I did a major refactoring recently (in the last two weeks) to integrate the WixDependency.wixext symbols into Core WiX. It is very likely during that process I missed a connection somewhere. Finding the missing connection without a lot of context would be very challenging so this may not be the best bug to try to take from me (because I'm certain I'm going to get assigned this bug tomorrow during triage).

On that point, taking `triage` bugs can be hit or miss. We may decide during triage to punt a bug or any other scenarios where the bug goes away. Just something to keep in mind.

If you're looking for a bug to pick up, the first one that looks straight forward is: https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/6262 (although you'd have to steal it from Bob, but I doubt he'll mind).

Or, validate that https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5651 has a passing unit test (if not, add one).

Or anything else that strikes your fancy. I think after preview.0 is released, there will be many targeted issues being opened that will be prime for the taking.