[wix-devs] Issue 6388

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 18:30:54 PDT 2021

Rob,

I'm working on Issue 6388. Here's the situation:

The ProviderKey and Version information is placed in an
IntermediateSymbol of type WixDependencyProviderSymbol.

When writing the burn manifest file, the ProviderKey and Version
information is taken from an IntermediateSymbol of type
ProvidesDependencySymbol.

The only connection I can find between the two different
IntermediateSymbol's is the ProcessDependencyProvidersCommand, to which
there are no references.

It seems that this command needs to be executed before the burn command,
but I don't know where.

Do you have any clues?

Ron Martin